What's new

Is ASUS WebStorage a real ASUS service?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

XIII

Very Senior Member
This might seem a stupid question (and maybe it is), but is ASUS WebStorage (on www.asuswebstorage.com) a real ASUS service?

Today I received an offer (to backup 1 TB for $13.49/year instead of $99.99/year) on an email address that has been spam free, but I never heard of this service. The copyright mentions "ASUS Cloud Corporation" as the owner. The website of that company (www.asuscloud.com) is signed by Let's Encrypt.

Is this a spammer, or did ASUS suddenly start sending commercial offers?

I usually opt-out if offers are from a legit company, but if it's a spammer I just delete the mail (don't want to confirm my email address being used). So I can use some advise: which option is right in this case?

If you don't trust it, don't use it...

Tencent is offering 10GB free - just need to keep your data in the China Cloud ;)

Got another email today.

What’s the verdict on this?

asuswebstorage dot com (as well as asuscloud dot com) looks like a ASUS company and has been in business since 2008..

Thanks. Did not know this. Guess it’s safe to hit the unsubscribe link then?

Thanks. Did not know this. Guess it’s safe to hit the unsubscribe link then?

If you reside in Europe, ask ASUS companies with GDPR empowerment..how did they get your email address in the first place. LOL

The unsubscribe seems to confirm that they used my ASUS account:

ASUS Cloud ID: <my email address; redacted> will no longer receive the latest news about WebStorage.

The unsubscribe seems to confirm that they used my ASUS account:

ASUS Cloud ID: <my email address; redacted> will no longer receive the latest news about WebStorage.

I wonder after GDPR will it be lawful?