What's new

Is Dual Wan beneficial for daily usage? Is it good for gaming?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vstevenphan

Occasional Visitor
Is Dual Wan beneficial for daily usage? Is it good for gaming?
I see that some app/bank does not work while Dual Wan of the ASUS router AX58U turned on.

Dual WAN would not be useful for gaming and would likely be bad for online multiplayer games. It's only real use is for redundancy (e.g. fail-over) or load balancing when there are many users.

Dual WAN would not be useful for gaming and would likely be bad for online multiplayer games. It's only real use is for redundancy (e.g. fail-over) or load balancing when there are many users.
Cuz I have the same bandwidth on two WANS, it's a little waste if I just use one when I can combine two of them and push my throughput to 200Mbps

Put all the Guest, IoT devices on one, your personal network on the other.

Or, just cancel the second WAN... :p

No sir, I'm using PPPOE on both WAN. Furthermore, AX58U does not have WAN Agrregation function.
without aggregation, your router will access Internet services from different networks, and in many cases this will be regarded as an attack that may be followed by a ban.

without aggregation, your router will access Internet services from different networks, and in many cases this will be regarded as an attack that may be followed by a ban.
That's the problem I have now. I could not access some services that has high level security like banking app, HTTPS websites having captcha, etc. I'm finding a solution for it

That's the problem I have now. I could not access some services that has high level security like banking app, HTTPS websites having captcha, etc. I'm finding a solution for it
at the same time, the option without aggregation via an 1 optical GPON modem (for example Huawei HG8245H - D2.5Gb/U1.2Gb) configured in bridge mode and to which 2 WAN are connected, may work.

I dialed PPPOE to get 2 WAN. I feel that ASUS load balancing those 2 WANS according to sessions based. In the documentation you sent me, "
  • "WAN connection tpye only supports Automatic IP and Static IP.",
  • so I can't combine 2 WANS if there are 2 WAN dialed with PPPOE accounts?

so I can't combine 2 WANS if there are 2 WAN dialed with PPPOE accounts?
Change the type of WAN in the settings and customize each separately

Attachments

• Безымянный.jpg
    Безымянный.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 239
WAN Agg - 2x1Gb to single modem/ISP, if supported by the modem
Dial WAN - 2x1Gb (or 1x1Gb + 1xUSB) to two different modems/ISPs
Two completely different things. In regards of Asus implementation of Dual WAN fail-over, I've never seen this working properly.

at the same time, the option without aggregation via an 1 optical GPON modem (for example Huawei HG8245H - D2.5Gb/U1.2Gb) configured in bridge mode and to which 2 WAN are connected, may work.
Can you turn on WAN aggregation while still using other functions like AiProtection traffic analysis?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!