What's new

Is it possible to block a client from playing league of legend?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

snakebite3

I have a RT-AC68u. How can I block a PC from playing League of legend? Treadmicro filtering works but it other block games too. My cousin is addict to the game. I want to prevent him from playing on his little bro's laptop but allowing his lil bro play his own games. I have tenants that play that game so I don't want to block it for everyone. He smart enough to circumvent restriction I put in Win8.1. He just resets by using Windows recovery reset feature. Is there a method to do it on the router?

If he is smart enough to change his MAC address, you are very limited in the ways you can stop him.

I would setup a static DHCP entry for the little brother's laptop, so that his comp will always get the same IP. Then Google what ports League of Legends uses. Then reject any access from [source IP:little bro, source port:any] to [destination IP:any, destination port(s):whatever LoL uses].

If he is smart enough to change his MAC address, you are very limited in the ways you can stop him.

I would setup a static DHCP entry for the little brother's laptop, so that his comp will always get the same IP. Then Google what ports League of Legends uses. Then reject any access from [source IP:little bro, source port:any] to [destination IP:any, destination port(s):whatever LoL uses].
He's not smart enough to change the MAC address. He's in 6 grade. He found the window reset by lucky. He didn't google that. He just Hard reset 3times and windows will present that option.

How do I block ports? I don't see that option. Where in the GUI do I do this? [source IP:little bro, source port:any] to [destination IP:any, destination port(s):whatever LoL uses].

I found it. Firewall - Network Services Filter?

Last edited:
He's not smart enough to change the MAC address. He's in 6 grade. He found the window reset by lucky. He didn't google that. He just Hard reset 3times and windows will present that option.

How do I block ports? I don't see that option. Where in the GUI do I do this? [source IP:little bro, source port:any] to [destination IP:any, destination port(s):whatever LoL uses].

I found it. Firewall - Network Services Filter?
Here's the list of posts
5000 - 5500 UDP - League of Legends Game Client
8393 - 8400 TCP - Patcher and Maestro
2099 TCP - PVP.Net
5223 TCP - PVP.Net
5222 TCP - PVP.Net
It doesn't let me input 5000 - 5500. How can I do this?

Instead of blocking ports, I would recommend blocking the server to which the client has to connect. Those ports you are blocking are quite generic, and could interfere with other services.

Instead of blocking ports, I would recommend blocking the server to which the client has to connect. Those ports you are blocking are quite generic, and could interfere with other services.
Do I simply input the those servers in the destination ip? Is there a way for me to find out server address the game connects to?

Do I simply input the those servers in the destination ip? Is there a way for me to find out server address the game connects to?

Check the game publisher's website. Some of them will give you IP information for their servers (Sony used to do for Everquest/Everquest 2).

Those would have to be entered as the destination IP, yes.

You could also contact them, and ask them which IP ranges you need to open in your firewall for access to their servers. Don't tell them you want to CLOSE them, they might not be as helpful ;)

Check the game publisher's website. Some of them will give you IP information for their servers (Sony used to do for Everquest/Everquest 2).

Those would have to be entered as the destination IP, yes.

You could also contact them, and ask them which IP ranges you need to open in your firewall for access to their servers. Don't tell them you want to CLOSE them, they might not be as helpful ;)
If I have the ip address I could just leave the port blank? My firewall block these.
I see ip ranges 104.16.21.33 ~104.14.31.33. How do Input ip-ranges? Same way as Ports use :? I'm not sure about us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com. Is this data useful?
bjScNlV.png

JiVMYOF.png

I just looked at the router's real time connection log while my son was playing and found he was not connected to the 104.16.21.33 IP range but to 185.40.64.65 which belongs to 185.40.64.0/22 (Riot Games). I'm in Europe, so maybe there are different servers/IP ranges depending on the location.

Ports used do correspond to what was mentioned earlier.

I just looked at the router's real time connection log while my son was playing and found he was not connected to the 104.16.21.33 IP range but to 185.40.64.65 which belongs to 185.40.64.0/22 (Riot Games). I'm in Europe, so maybe there are different servers/IP ranges depending on the location.

Ports used do correspond to what was mentioned earlier.

Once you have the correct server IPs, just block the whole port range to that IP: 1:65535

Based on my research, they use lots of ip ranges. I think the best would be to use dnsfilter for that computer with something like opendns, and block these two individual domains only:

lol.riotgames.com
lol.garenanow.com
This way, the game should not be able to obtain the IP addresses for both the actual server and the login servers in any region. Obviously there are ways around it, but thats more of an expert level.

Last edited:
I can envisage that in a few years or so, your cousin will be interviewed and asked how he became such a ptolific and competent hacker, "Well, it all started when my cousin tried to stop me playing League of Legend. I'd already discovered the Windows reset for myself, and I thought it can't be that difficult."

One thing is for sure: you"ll know a lot more about firewalls, networking etc by the end of this exercise.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Once you have the correct server IPs, just block the whole port range to that IP: 1:65535
Can I not simply leave the port range empty and just put the destination IP/subnet?

Sent using Tapatalk

Can I not simply leave the port range empty and just put the destination IP/subnet?

Sent using Tapatalk

I don't know if the webui allows for an empty field. What's wrong with putting the full port range? It would have the exact same effect.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!