What's new

Is it possible to switch to Merlin from 3.0.0.4.380_3831?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MarkLP

New Around Here
I just bought a new ASUS RT-N66U. I chose this device because of its ability to track per-device traffic with the Merlin firmware. Before using custom firmware, I did a test run by updating the official firmware, only to be greeted by a message saying I can't use custom firmware.

I found a post by an ASUS rep on this site saying we'll be able to use custom firmware soon but I'm not really interested in waiting. Does anyone know if it's possible to downgrade to factory firmware so I can switch to Merlin? I'm not even sure what version was installed before I updated.

How come?

Firmware header was changed to ensure that older, non-compliant firmware, can no longer be flashed. The bootloader hasn't been updated (yet) to reject the old format, so recovery mode still works... for the time being.

Normally im loosing connectivity after 2-3 days

You mean with the 380.60 releases, or were you also losing connectivity before that?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!