What's new

Is NAS the right way to go?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Why not?. You can buy a QNAP or Synology both are easy to setup I have a good experience with both but I prefer QNAP because creating packages with any third party software is quite easy with it. I am using Syncrify as a back up software and along with it I am using QNAP and Synology both. The best part of Syncrify is Remote Access you can check out your data whenever or from where ever using internet so you can have a proper control and all time access to your data.

Either vendor will be OK. Mine even allows my old iPADs to print on my non-Airprint Epson printer.

I prefer to NOT use any third party software on my NAS. For risk reasons. I use only that distributed by/supported by the manufacturer. Suits my needs for triple-redundant backups, DLNA/media, photos, remote SSL access and so on. My data is too important to fool with joe blow software.

I prefer to NOT use any third party software on my NAS. For risk reasons. I use only that distributed by/supported by the manufacturer

Concur - QNAP and Synology do have their "app stores" so items there are tested and safe, but resist the urge to tinker/modify the underlying NAS vendor Linux...