What's new

Is the AC87R/U traffic monitor really this inaccurate?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

goldenegg

Regular Contributor
I ws checking the Traffic Monitor for the first time today and the readings are absolutely bonkers.
traffic.png

I tried disabling NAT acceleration, but it won't let me. If I choose 'disable' from the drop down, it just stays at 'AUTO'.

Does anyone else see this behaviour? There's no way I'm transferring that much data, especially for outbound packets. When I took the above screenshot, none of my devices were even doing anything on the internet.

I'm running the 5587 beta and did a reset both prior to flashing the beta and after. All settings were manually entered after.

Here works OK, I am afraid that under your specific conditions/settings traffic monitor does still not work correctly ...

I was having a problem with my cable modem last night, so I did a full factory reset on it. After reseting the cable modem, I'm not longer getting strange values returned in the traffic monitor. It appears to now be showing real values.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!