What's new

Is there anyway to diagnose lockups for RT-AC68P?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cbuckeye20

New Around Here
Hello! I have a RT-AC68P running 3.0.0.4.384_45149 and will get some intermittent "lockups" (not sure a better term).

Cable modem -> ASUS -> 8 port switch -> wired devices
-> 5/2.4 ghz wifi -> wireless devices​

This has been solid for about 2-3 years now but the last 3-4 months I've been having issues requiring a reboot

Maybe like once or twice a month the wifi will be unresponsive. No wireless device can connect. Wired connections still work. A reboot of the router and everyone can connect again.

This morning it potentially got worse and my wired devices could not connect or ping the router. I could ping other wired devices. Again a reboot fixed the issue.

Any thing I can do to keep an eye or watch out for something to try and figure out what may be going on?

going back to your last working firmware is the only way to get it working again as before, or wait for bugfix in future firmware.

Hello! I have a RT-AC68P running 3.0.0.4.384_45149 and will get some intermittent "lockups" (not sure a better term).

Cable modem -> ASUS -> 8 port switch -> wired devices
-> 5/2.4 ghz wifi -> wireless devices​

This has been solid for about 2-3 years now but the last 3-4 months I've been having issues requiring a reboot

Maybe like once or twice a month the wifi will be unresponsive. No wireless device can connect. Wired connections still work. A reboot of the router and everyone can connect again.

This morning it potentially got worse and my wired devices could not connect or ping the router. I could ping other wired devices. Again a reboot fixed the issue.

Any thing I can do to keep an eye or watch out for something to try and figure out what may be going on?
I don't think there is a firmware issue, I suggest a hard reset (reverting to factory defaults) and manual configure the router again.
Then see if this solved the issue.

Any chance this is a T M AC1900 running a 68P CFE? That ran fine until nearly 1 yr ago. Now it causes odd behavior like this.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!