What's new

is this valid for AC56S ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

PedraSimon

New Around Here
Hi all,

found this in merlin firmware that "supports AC56S" at Softpedia. The name of the file downloaded is "RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_376.48_1.zip".

I didnt find any reference in this forum that suggest AC56U image can be used for AC56S.

Can someone verify if RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_376.48_1.zip can be flashed onto RT-AC56S?

Hi all,

found this in merlin firmware that "supports AC56S" at Softpedia. The name of the file downloaded is "RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_376.48_1.zip".

I didnt find any reference in this forum that suggest AC56U image can be used for AC56S.

Can someone verify if RT-AC56U_3.0.0.4_376.48_1.zip can be flashed onto RT-AC56S?

It's not compatible. Different CPU.

On a related note, not a fan of what Softpedia is doing, by randomly grabbing firmwares, and publishing them with half-accurate notes.

Thanks for the clarification.
That's what I thought too, but was kind of hoping that you changed your mind because it is very similar to 56U and therefore it's relatively straightforward to support it. * hint* *hint*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the clarification.
That's what I thought too, but was kind of hoping that you changed your mind because it is very similar to 56U and therefore it's relatively straightforward to support it. * hint* *hint*

That's the problem - it's not so straightforward. It's a single core device, that means I need single core versions of every single closed source binary from Asus, and I have to modify the build system to use the single-core version of these files specifically when compiling the RT-AC56S.

In short: a lot of work, and just for a model that is only available in a few very select markets.

Fair enough. Guess I am stuck with stock firmware for being a cheapskate.

Thanks for taking the trouble to explain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!