What's new

issue on 384.12 and above, VPN server fails start

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jumpstarter

periodically when my router reboots on scheduled reboots, a VPN server may fail to start, might be vpn 1 or vpn2 I am trying to figure out what could be causing this behavior. I see no errors in the log, it looks to be that it is just failing to have enough time to start.
any suggestions?
upload_2019-7-20_19-31-12.png

Last edited:
periodically when my router reboots on scheduled reboots, a VPN server may fail to start, might be vpn 1 or vpn2 I am trying to figure out what could be causing this behavior. I see no errors in the log, it looks to be that it is just failing to have enough time to start.
any suggestions?
View attachment 18697

Hi,
I suggest you reset your OpenVPN Server settings by pressing the "Default" button, and re-configure your few specific OpenVPN settings again. I have a slightly different problem on 384.13 alpha 2 it works for me ... so thought might be something you want to try. All the best :)

Hi,
I suggest you reset your OpenVPN Server settings by pressing the "Default" button, and re-configure your few specific OpenVPN settings again. I have a slightly different problem on 384.13 alpha 2 it works for me ... so thought might be something you want to try. All the best :)
Thank you for your suggestion, I went through this process last week of resetting everything back to default, and it turns out a week later the issue starts happening again.