What's new

Issue with Asus RT-AX88U firmware 384.13

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kamnosh

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,
Recently I purchased an RT-AX88U version which was replaced with the RT-AC66U as I had very good experience with it and all the features worked very well.
Assuming there is not that much difference between the 66U and the 88U, the new switch was configured like the old one on the official firmware then I discovered that it is much slower than a 66U.
Next step I chose to install Merlin version 384.13, the speed was much better but then other problems appeared:

1- I have connected a 4TB disk to the USB port on the router, and create some users with passwords to use by the family. but what I discovered that only my admin user can connect to Aicloud, the other users that I create can't connect to Aicloud.

2- Before connecting USB external hard disk RAM consumption is around 44% but once I connect the external hard disk RAM consumption goes up to 97% I have understanding that it should read disk but it never goes down, I waited for several days but still it is at 97%
Does anyone have suggestions for my problems?

With regards
Kamnosh

I forgot to say that 3 times I try factory reset and rebuilt everything without any change.

Last edited:
I forgot to say that 3 times I try factory reset and rebuilt everything without any change.

Unused Ram is wasted ram.

The linux system is more than capable of handling ram management.

Does anyone have suggestions for my problems?
It isn't a problem. It is the way it is supposed to work. The O/S uses the ram for usb caching and other functions. It will release it to other services as required.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!