What's new

Issue with my RT-AC87R ( Gaming Related )

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pinkfloyd1173

So I have been having this message pop on my ps4 lately.

The router in use may not support IP Fragments, and the communication features of some games may be restricted. For details,contact the router manufacture

I have the installed the newiest FW on the ac87r 5134.

Is there a fix for this??? Anyone else have this issue.

Thanks for the help guys.

Is this just a message / warning? What actual gaming issue do you have?

Well after I run a connection test on my ps4, on the bottom it says this message???

The router in use may not support IP Fragments, and the communication features of some games may be restricted. For details,contact the router manufacture

I guess its a warning.

Maybe it's a NAT issue. Try enabling uPnP in both the router and PS4. I you don't want to enable uPnP then open the following ports in the router (WAN -> Virtual Server):
TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478, 3479, 3480
UDP: 3074, 3478, 3479

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I have my ps4 in the dmz, I do have upnp disabled, will enable that and resatrt the router.

On the ports I dont understand what you are trying to say.

I should open up these ports??

Thanks for trying to help.

I also get nat type 2 on my ps4.

open the following ports in the router (WAN -> Virtual Server):
TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478, 3479, 3480
UDP: 3074, 3478, 3479

Don't. Opening a port is not the same thing as forwarding a port.

Should I take my ps4 out of the DMZ and then try to Port Trigger??? If I have ps4 in the DMZ, all should be open for it I would think??

Of course. I meant WAN -> Port Trigger.

Neither.

Those ports must be open for outbound connections. They already are - the router does not block any outbound connection by default.

UPNP is the correct method to automatically forward ports as needed (and those ports definitely do not include 53, 80 or 443).

Neither.

Those ports must be open for outbound connections. They already are - the router does not block any outbound connection by default.

UPNP is the correct method to automatically forward ports as needed (and those ports definitely do not include 53, 80 or 443).
Ok thank you for your help Merlin.

Neither.

Then ¿why consoles complain about moderate or strict NAT w/o opening ports? (uPNP disabled).

Then ¿why consoles complain about moderate or strict NAT w/o opening ports? (uPNP disabled).

Disabling UPnP can definitely cause issues, that's why I said using UPnP was the proper way to handle port forwarding when you have a console. Otherwise, you'd need to know which specific port to forward. And I can tell you it's definitely not 53 (used for DNS lookups), 80 (used by web servers) nor 443 (used by https web servers). Forwarding those ports to your console would mean that your console is running a DNS and a web server, and that anyone on the Internet would need access to it. That's not the case. Those ports are required to be open on OUTBOUND connections, so your console can properly access the Internet. Not the other way around.

You need to start by understanding the difference between opening and forwarding. They are two completely different things.

I know the difference. [emoji26]
I must have explained wrong due to my weak english. Furthermore I got confused regarding WebUI for opening ports with forwardig them for incoming connections. Anyway thanks for your clear explanation.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!