What's new

Issues setting up WAP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mbarrow

New Around Here
I have an EVG2000 in the hub that is feeding all the Ethernet ports in the house, I'm trying to add an Asus rt-ac86u to extend the wifi capabilities, as a WAP.

I connected the asus to the Ethernet port and followed instructions to set up as WAP. Found new ip address for router (using asus device discovery) - now in same subnet range (10.0.0.1 - EVG2000 = 10.0.0.138) and connected using phone. All seemed to be working well.
I have the Ethernet connected to the wan port on the asus and the evg2000 was still active wirelessly.
Was connected and using without issue, but then when I connected a device wired to one of the lan ports on the asus router, it all went a bit wiry.
Lost connection to the asus and can no longer see in my list of wifi connections when try to connect wirelessly.
Even if disconnect the wired device and reboot asus from menu, still doesn't show.
It also started causing problems with the evg2000, stopping connection to that as well, so have disconnected asus from network for now.
Any ideas how to get this working again and also allow wired and wireless connections?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!