What's new

Issues with Windows 10 upgrade.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pinkfloyd1173

I have the ac68P, does anyone else have to sign in twice in the ASUS GUI to log in??? Ever since I upgraded to W10 I always have to sign in twice.

In other words you put your username and password and hit enter, nothing happens and then you have to re-enter info again.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

Thanks guys.

Have you tried clicking the Sign In button with your mouse instead?

This is using Edge?

Thanks for the reply LD, I use chorme, tried using the mouse click on chrome and still the same issue, will try edge?

Just tried it on edge, same issue, weird?

Yes, this is weird. Maybe you can download Firefox and test with that browser too.

Was this an upgrade of the OS or a clean install?

Up grade of the OS.

I have same problem with Firefox version 39, have to login twice.

I have the ac68P, does anyone else have to sign in twice in the ASUS GUI to log in??? Ever since I upgraded to W10 I always have to sign in twice.

I have to sign in twice every time, because normally I typo the password at least once... :)

Telling the truth, I have Asus RT-AC68U. Just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and I use Firefox browser. Just tested to sign in with Edge as well and no problem. No need to sign in twice.

I have same problem with Firefox version 39, have to login twice.
In windows 7

When i turned off " Prevents websites from interfering with copy and paste actions" addition i Firefox i only need one log in.

Last edited:
It's not Windows 10. It may be a specific firmware version causing the issue.

I've been using Windows 10 since early in the preview and have the released RTM version on my laptop now, and there are absolutely no issues with my RT-AC68P running the Merlin firmware (currently on 378.55 but was fine with earlier releases). I've used Edge, IE, Firefox, and Chrome.

Using same FW as you?

I am running an upgrade version of Windows 10 on my surface pro 3 using 378.54_2 and I use Pale Moon (Firefox variant). When I attempt to login I only have to enter my user name and password just once.

it was hyped up to be and also use chrome addons

No, it never was. It was always announced as being proprietary since the first public announcement, with their own add-on scheme. The only similitude to Chrome is that those addons will also be Javascript-based - that does not imply compatibility.

Don't know what to tell you. Been using Windows 10 and using it now without any logon glitches. Edge works fine.

So I guess Chrome had a update today and now, I only have to log in once and it works?

No, it never was. It was always announced as being proprietary since the first public announcement, with their own add-on scheme. The only similitude to Chrome is that those addons will also be Javascript-based - that does not imply compatibility.
well on neowin it was as well as ars

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!