What's new

iTunes library on Storage Link

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kuvenant

New Around Here
I've been trying for some time to get iTunes to use a storage link hard drive for its library. I'm not concerned about transferring over my old library as it became corrupted when I first tried doing this. I've got the drive networked, and am able to access it from the desktop, though with some small difficulties (some folders and files refuse to be seen or accessed). iTunes is set up to use the drive as the media folder, I have turned sharing on, and I'm about to give up on the idea of sharing music between machines at home.

Router: Linksys wrt610n
NAS: Seagate FreeAgent 500gb drive

Also the whole reason for doing this is so that music can be accessed from any computer/ps3 in the house, though only one computer will be used to place songs on the drive.

First get the storage link working reliably so that you can see all folders and files.

Format the USB drive you're using on a Windows machine, then the properties for all folders that you want to transfer and make sure the folders don't have any special permissions set (hidden folders).

Then copy the folders you want to the drive, then connect it to Storage Link and make sure you can access all files.

Then check this thread for getting iTunes to use the new location.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!