What's new

jffs access on ftp?

• Thread starter Deleted member 27741
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 27741

Hello- On my N66U running john's fork, FTP is a lot faster for me (giving up on smb) so I would like to find a way to access /jffs over ftp. Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

You can use WinSCP to access /jffs if that's of any help. Otherwise you'd have to start playing around with custom scripts.

Definitely want to play around with custom scripts. I have a couple scripts on the router already (move syslog and some other simple things) so I'm not averse to that part but don't know a lot about adding options to the ftp setup!

I've been playing around with this for a while but I just don't understand where vsftpd is getting the users home directory from.

There's an entry for each user in /etc/passwd but that has a null entry where the home directory would normally be. I've tried putting a value in there (i.e. /jffs) but vsftpd just ignores it.

To give proper credit I got this solution from-
http://www.ducea.com/2006/07/27/allowing-ftp-access-to-files-outside-the-home-directory-chroot/

Pretty much make a directory and then link it with the mount command as specified by mister Ducea- nice and easy. I will try putting the command in the postmount script to make it permanent! It works in the postmount script, it is nice to have the /jffs directory accessible through ftp.

So first make the directory to bind to-
mkdir /tmp/mnt/YOURUSB/somename

Then put this command in postmount script-
mount --bind /jffs/ /tmp/mnt/YOURUSB/somename

Last edited by a moderator: