What's new

Just upgraded my Asus RT-AC56U from 378.52_beta2 to beta3 (if i not mistaking)and get cycling reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Scaner

Occasional Visitor
Forgot to say I upgrade from Merlin to Merlin firmware. I learned about the problem discribing in: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt...er-update-to-original-firmware-374-291.13628/ and of course I tried to use several possible solution: [RT-AC56U] Reboot cycle after update to original firmware 374.291 (without opening router and using serial console). So I have two question:

1. Does Merlin doing anything with Asus bootloader to get another way of restoration (in wireshark I don`t see any reaction from my router to WPS and RESET button) maybe some another trick?

2. If no, what sort of router I can use without same problem with restoration from bootloader/CFE when I`ll often update firmware. I`ll be happy if can user, for example RT-AC68U (cause of 2 cores and ARM, i like it) or at least RT-AC66U.

P.S. Thank you for any advices and sorry for my russian english.)

Last edited:
I would suggest you don't use the beta firmware any longer. RMerlin 378.52_2 final has been out for a long time.

Just have looked at version of firmware, littel mistake. I upgraded from RT-AC56U_378.53_alpha2 to RT-AC56U_378.53_alpha3. Of course beta version is beta but emergency bootroom (lightweight HTTP-server) or TFTP-server or client witch is waiting for firmware or something like that must work always as I think.