What's new

Keep Alive or WatchDog on Merlin Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

friky19

New Around Here
Hello, Ive just recently installed the firmware on an RT-AC88U and was looking for this feature on the interface. Seems that its not included and I was wondering the possibility of maybe adding it on a future release?

I am not familiar with the cron jobs or what must be done in order to make a ping to a vpn server (10.10.11.x) and if disconnected to reestablish the connection or restart the router.

The reason is that my ISP's are not that stable so I want to make sure when disconnected from the vpn to automatically reconnect with either the main WAN or the Secondary.... whichever is up.

Can this be possible ? Or can anyone give me a hand setting up something that'll do this ?

Thanks

Are you using Open VPN ? If so, enter the below command into the custom configuration box at the bottom of the page on the OpenVPN client configuration page.

inactive 0
keepalive 5 30

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!