What's new

Last straw with Asus routers.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

W4RH34D

Regular Contributor
Again, the vpn doesn't work after a firmware update. These things are great access points, but I just can't go another round of this whacky behavior. I feel that I've given them a very good chance to get things right, but we're right back to this funky stuff.

Going to demote the rt-ac3200 to access point only and go with a pfsense box. I've had 60 days uptime doing that at home.

Again, the vpn doesn't work after a firmware update. These things are great access points, but I just can't go another round of this whacky behavior. I feel that I've given them a very good chance to get things right, but we're right back to this funky stuff.

Going to demote the rt-ac3200 to access point only and go with a pfsense box. I've had 60 days uptime doing that at home.

Was it working B4 f/w update? Then what was the reason updating f/w? Makes me wonder. Updating f/w cos there is new one is a good/loical reason?

Was it working B4 f/w update? Then what was the reason updating f/w? Makes me wonder. Updating f/w cos there is new one is a good/loical reason?

Smart Connect is still a bit iffy, so RT-AC3200 owners are looking forward for those newer firmware updates. Also, 9135 brought a fairly large number of fixes, including security ones.

Smart Connect is still a bit iffy, so RT-AC3200 owners are looking forward for those newer firmware updates. Also, 9135 brought a fairly large number of fixes, including security ones.
Aye, I track security patches religiously. The public internet is a very hostile environment these days.

Try Mikrotik. Much more stable than ASUS in my opinion.

I moved from an Asus Black Knight to a Mikrotik RB2011 and never looked back.

Can do so much more than i ever could with Asus.

(No offense to Merlin, he's a magician by his own right and has given Asus routers a boost)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the AC56R since March and other than a small hardware issue which Asus repaired in lighting fast turnaround, it's been flawless performance. They just released a firmware update for mine but I'm hesitant to install it when reading this post and another which was just posted about updating issues. My router is very stable, gets good wireless and LAN speed and runs great, so I'm thinking 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.. Sound like the best idea?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!