What's new

less powerful since firmware it seems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StanleeSPUDwowski

Occasional Visitor
I have a ASus RT- AC68P for home use and i had it at a older firmware version , i had at a previous version months ago and had issues it seemed so i rolled back to older version not sure which one for a while so i noticed that the latest version was updated 2016/07/08 so i decided to try this firwaware update version 3.0.0.4.380.3831 is currenlty installed and now it seems like the wireless 2.4 and 5 signals are really low now for instance a tablet sits near it downloads just fine but upstairs which is probably about 10feet the signal is degraded not sure if the FW had anything to do with this. i also run Roku as well at the same so maybe a factor.

Last edited:
also why did the FCC lower power requirements for wireless ? I want to try merlin as well does merlin just add features to the already installed FW of asus right?

The FCC didn't reduce allowed power levels. They merely forced manufacturers to respect those levels, and to take steps in ensuring that end users cannot bypass it either.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!