What's new

Link Aggregation on AC-56U possible ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Reason i want to enable this function is my NAS.
the nics on my nas have the macs: c4:e9:84:05:6c:f3 and c4:e9:84:05:6c:e3

"robocfg showports" says

Switch: enabled
Port 0: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 54:a0:50:50:a8:1c
Port 1: DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Port 2: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: c4:e9:84:05:6c:f3
Port 3: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 1 jumbo: off mac: c4:e9:84:05:6c:e3
Port 4: 1000FD enabled stp: none vlan: 2 jumbo: off mac: 00:01:5c:32:6e:c6
Port 8: DOWN enabled stp: none vlan: 2 jumbo: off mac: 00:00:00:00:00:00

i want my router to use link aggregation on port 3 and 4. (backside from my router)

on robocfg output says that the two macs are on port 2 and 3? why?
i think the problem is the vlan ports.

even if i try to "./Linkagg 2 3" the router connection disconnects and Internet is down. Only restart helps.

"nvram show | grep vlan.ports" says

vlan2ports=4 5u
size: 49224 bytes (16312 left)
vlan1ports=0 1 2 3 5*

has someone the same router and could help me please or has any idea ?

Last edited:
This router does not support Link Aggregation(LAG)
Is there a list of the devices that are supported ? and why is the ac-56u not supported?. i thought these two routers (AC-56U and AC-68U) are identical except the speed and the antennas?

Any way to get it working on the RT-AC-56U ?

Last edited:
All models support LAG, you just need to launch it from a bootscript with the correct setup for the specific model.

All models support LAG, you just need to launch it from a bootscript with the correct setup for the specific model.

What do i have to do to get the right Setup?
Does the linkagg Script only work On jffs by startscript?

I found nothing in Wiki about the configuration of a specific model.

Please help. I need a bit more details! HOW TO ?

Last edited:
Officially by the FW yes, but it's possible to have it working on any model flawlessly, I will check the config on RT-AC56U later.

Officially by the FW yes, but it's possible to have it working on any model flawlessly, I will check the config on RT-AC56U later.

great :)..... it would be really nice if you could help me!!!! ....and it would be a big help for all AC-56U user as well.

Sorry about the delay, I need to test it on my router to be sure the config is correct (all other models are working), got RT-AC56U very few time ago still didn't test this specific model.

Expect it tomorrow.

i tried the LinkAgg script (https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Link-Aggregation)

Everytime i started the script ./LinkAgg 3 4 the router hangs up. I have to reboot to get a connection again.
Does this script only work on AC-68U Routers ?

please help

I'll ask the question - why?

LAG is not RAID for networking, and it won't improve the speed over a single point to point - it will help with capacity, but for most home networks, this is a checkbox feature, and causes customer confusion at best...

I'll ask the question - why?

LAG is not RAID for networking, and it won't improve the speed over a single point to point - it will help with capacity, but for most home networks, this is a checkbox feature, and causes customer confusion at best...

I wanna try it anyway!!

Unfortunatelly yesterday was a complicated day, testing it at this right moment...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!