What's new

Linksys 1900Acs vs Netgear R7000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Magic_The

New Around Here
If its not belong to here, please move to the right section.

I cant decide which one to buy, Someone says that the WRT Acs is good and works fine, other says, that, R7000 is good but the wrt is not, I am looking to replay my old Tp Link 1043nd v.1

Looking for good dual band router with fast, and long range wifi.

Sorry for my English!

I am looking to replay my old Tp Link 1043nd v.1

so the simple answer here is both will be far far far better coverage and throughput wise than that old 1043nd

now the speed and range also depend on your client adapters as well but certainly any wireless AC router will be a huge improvement wifi wise

i tested the original wrt 1900ac and it was ok but lacked feature set and was quite basic , from what i have read about the acs its about the same featureset wise

the r7000 i have tested and my results match the snb review results in that the r7000 is dam good wireless coverage wise , my only downside is that dam genie gui , i disliked it the day they upgraded to the genie thing and have never really taken to it , its just not so intuitive and lacks some features

but in general i would too go with the r7000 over the linksys if thats your only choices if you asked which 1900ac router you should go with there certainly would be other options

What were your reasons?

I only used the stock FW on both, but a beta on the R7000. The R7000 was really stable and seemed to cover a wider area...less dead spots.

I tried many routers and ended up with a RT-AC3200, it worked, for me better than the others. But in reality all the routers were so close that I think placement is key and how you like the stock firmware and if you want to use 3rd party.

I have both of these routers, but don't like the stock firmware for either. Both of the stock firmware releases are so dumbed down, you really get very little monitoring capability, and no ability to add software to your router should you want or need to do that. You're pretty much out of luck with for decent firmware for the WRT1900AC at this point, there isn't a good open source wireless driver out there for it, client network latency is really spotty. Both my Apple iPad Air 2 and Nexus 6P have network latency problems with the current open source wireless driver for the WRT1900AC. It's gathering dust right at the moment, and will continue to get more dusty until/if Linksys/Belkin/Marvell gets their act together.

For the R7000, you can easily use tomato, dd-wrt, or XVortex (a port of RMerlin's firmware to the R7000) third-party firmware. Performance and stability is good for all of these on the R7000.

So, if it were me, I'd have no trouble choosing the R7000 over the WRT1900AC.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!