What's new

Linksys EA8500 dropping clients during streaming

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cdzo72

Occasional Visitor
Ok, just as the title says, my devices get disconnected whenever I am trying to stream video to TVs and monitors.

I've done all I can do to narrow this down to the EA8500 router, mainly being that using other routers I don't have that issue. I have an old E4200 and also an EA6900 and with either of those I don't experience the drops. I should mention that this is not due to a weak signal... this happens even right next to the router...

Allow me to clarify that this is not an internet signal issue, this is the router actually dropping wifi on one or both devices streaming... the device sending the stream and the device receiving the stream.

For example, I am trying to stream a movie I have on my Android tablet to my Samsung Smart TV... I can try to use AllCast, Bubble Upnp or even Plex... at first the devices connect and I begin to stream just fine... but after a while (this may be 30 seconds, may be a couple of minutes, may even be 10 minutes) one or both devices get kicked off the wifi network. As I said, I have tried many devices... streaming through game consoles and Blue Ray players as well connected to TVs and monitors... results are the same...

I have also tried disabling the 5GHz network, configuring it and the 2.4 differently, tinkering with the MTU, factory resets of the router, the devices... all of it... and I'm definitely convinced the issue is with the router.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.