What's new

Linksys EA8500 MU-MIMO Ready

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sm00thpapa

Very Senior Member
Just spoke with a reliable Belkin/Linksys rep. The EA8500 will launch soon with a Qualcomm processor that will support MU-MIMO on the 5GHz band at launch.

Just spoke with a reliable Belkin/Linksys rep. The EA8500 will launch soon with a Qualcomm processor that will support MU-MIMO on the 5GHz band at launch.
MU-MIMO should be enabled at first ship on all the QCA 4x4 routers announced at CES. Good luck finding MU-MIMO devices.

Is there some one out there that owns a EA8500 that can share his/her thoghts about this Router?

Is there some one out there that owns a EA8500 that can share his/her thoghts about this Router?

I got it replacing RT-AC87u(this router runs hot to my liking). No robust feature rich router.
Mainly streaming via HTPC every night. (Our TV is not smart one) Runs cool, never give me trouble. I did not reboot it since I hooked it up. No f/w update so far.

I wonden if I have 2 off EA8500 (Router/AP) and hook up 4 clients with cable to the AP are they counting as sevral MU-MIMO clients/ursers or just as ONE unit?

I wonden if I have 2 off EA8500 (Router/AP) and hook up 4 clients with cable to the AP are they counting as sevral MU-MIMO clients/ursers or just as ONE unit?

Client devices should be compatible with MU-MIMO feature.

Yes i know client should be MU-MIMO campatible BUT in this case if the other Router is set as a AP should NOT this router work as a MU-MIMO client?
Like if you have 4 NONE WIFI client connecting to a Router in AP mode this NONE WIFI client would work as a WIFI clients connecting to a WIFI Router.

AP mode makes no difference. MU-MIMO enabled client will be treated as such.

Yes i know BUT should not the OTHER MU-MIMO Router work as a MU-MIMO device or dongel for the clients that are connected to the Router?t
I use this Router as a dongel, English is not my first language in writing but i try my best to explain wath i am after here forget the AP mode for a minute.
Can the other connected client benefit the MU-MIMO function here from the router, if the router working as a dongel for them?

2015_04_01_21_58_08_ASUS_Wireless_Router_TM_AC19.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the diagram. Would have saved a lot of time if you had posted that first.

The second router in your diagram is acting as a wireless bridge for the Ethernet connected clients. The communication between the two routers does not use MU-MIMO because the connection is 4x4 to 4x4.

If the second router is configured as a bridge/repeater, MU-MIMO clients communicating with it should use MU-MIMO. The router can change mode on a packet by packet basis.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!