What's new

Linksys WRT1900AC V2 Firmware Ver. 2.0.6.166464

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I got one a my local Walmart but returned it without opening it the weekend of the 4th of July.

There have been some people saying they were out in the wild, I believe there was a post here and in the linksys forum as well.

I believe most retail stores will not carry it until they completely run out of v1 first since they share the same upc.

Well the Walmart I got it from had it sitting next to 2 other v1's.
So believe what you want, I'm telling you what I had.
Btw not only do they scan the upc at checkout they also scan the serial number bar.

Well the Walmart I got it from had it sitting next to 2 other v1's.
So believe what you want, I'm telling you what I had.
Btw not only do they scan the upc at checkout they also scan the serial number bar.

I believe you. Just meant yours might have slipped in your walmart.

Just wanted to add that I was at my local Fry's Electronics yesterday and noticed they are carrying V2. I also would like to point out that Best Buy has pulled WRT1900AC off their website. Not sure what that's all about. They still had a few in the store last week when I picked up my EA8500 but they were all V1. Now trying to decide do I stick with what I have or pick up V2 from Fry's.

Just wanted to add that I was at my local Fry's Electronics yesterday and noticed they are carrying V2. I also would like to point out that Best Buy has pulled WRT1900AC off their website. Not sure what that's all about. They still had a few in the store last week when I picked up my EA8500 but they were all V1. Now trying to decide do I stick with what I have or pick up V2 from Fry's.

All models are supported by dd-wrt now if your interested. There are builds posted in the thread on their forums. I know this doesn't answer your post but if you do switch over it should give you something to play with. My V2 has been solid since I got it.

Last edited:
And FWIW - the V1 is pretty stable - that's what I sent back home to Mom's house last Jan...

It's been solid for the last year or so - last time I was up there was back in July, where we had some events... and with over 60 people accessing the wireless at the house - it stood up to the load just fine..

My step dad is still happy with his wireless... wish I could ask mom, but that's a long distance call these days :(

Still shipping old stock I see. Take it back and go for the ACS model. 1.6GHz processor and DD-WRT compatible.

My personal opinion is that the 1.6Ghz processor isn't worth it. I've got the V1 and I very rarely see my CPU go above 1% under normal wireless operation. I've never seen it go above 10% even when transferring files. As SFX pointed out, the V1 also has active cooling.

As for the ACS being DD-WRT compatible, there are some reports on the DD-WRT that brand new ACS models are bricking when flashing DD-WRT. The V1 doesn't have any of those reports.

My personal opinion is that the 1.6Ghz processor isn't worth it. I've got the V1 and I very rarely see my CPU go above 1% under normal wireless operation. I've never seen it go above 10% even when transferring files. As SFX pointed out, the V1 also has active cooling.

It's also a very different SoC chip - the V1 was a Marvell ARMv7 variant - their cores, vs. off the shelf Cortex-A9's in the V2/ACS... not sure why Marvell shifted gears there, but it might have to do with a certain lawsuit...

WRT1900AC $148.99 at best buy right now. Lowest I've seen since launch.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/linksys...lack/2699008.p?id=1219076366991&skuId=2699008

ROFL, that didn't take long!

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-12%20at%209.55.40%20AM.png

ROFL, that didn't take long!

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-12%20at%209.55.40%20AM.png

Guess the early bird gets the worm on the sale WRT1900AC units...now the BestBuy link above shows the WRT1200 on sale for $130. Don't know if that's a great price or not, but sounds good to me. Of course, there's still the firmware issues. I'm using dd-wrt on the WRT1900AC, and am seeing some interesting wireless ping times with my Apple wireless clients, but maybe Marvell will get their act together at some point and put out an open source wireless driver that's as good as their proprietary one?

I have one client that had those kind of ping times on stock firmware. I'm not 100% convinced it's just the driver because not every client behaves the same. Plus, it doesn't really seem to affect anything other than ping. Throughput for file transfers and stuff is still fine.

Amazon has the WRT1200AC for $129.99 as regular price now.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!