What's new

Log errors wont stop

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dave1024

Occasional Visitor
I have AX86U router with stock firmware Version : 9.0.0.4.386_41994-g769f84f. I have not made any changes, just the basics to get devices connected to the internet.
I have several changes to the wifi settings from what I found in this forum. Regardless of what I try the errors never go away.
I have tried the latest FW from Merlin and still have the exact errors show up in the log files.

6 07:40:44 kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth7
Mar 6 07:40:51 kernel: CONSOLE: 186429.012 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: MAC: Failed. status 37 wsize 64 policy 1
Mar 6 07:40:51 kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth7
Mar 6 07:40:52 kernel: CONSOLE: 186430.033 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: MAC: Failed. status 37 wsize 64 policy 1
Mar 6 07:40:52 kernel: CONSOLE: 186430.033 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: MAC: Failed. status 37 wsize 64 policy 1
Mar 6 07:40:52 kernel: CONSOLE: 186430.034 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: MAC: Failed. status 37 wsize 64 policy 1

Mar 6 07:41:04 kernel: CONSOLE: 186441.979 wl1: wlc_ampdu_recv_addba_resp: c2:9a:12:7d:b5:6f: Failed. status 1 wsize 0 policy 0

Is basically the same all the time. I have tried to find the answer and have come up short.

TIA

I'm seeing the same thing. Brand New AX86U out of the box, flashed latest Merlin, minimally configured away from the defaults (e.g.- changed DNS to use opendns, changed wireless bands to use set control channel values, set 3 static DHCP assignments, and turned on AiProtection) & added 2nd new AX86U as wired AiMesh node. Have not found anything to point me in any direction for troubleshooting.

@dave1024 , quick question on yours... Have you traced down the MACs shown, and if so, are they by chance Google home/chromecast devices? I just watched the logs on mine and traced every MAC I could find on the failed errors, and there are 2 Google Homes (original), a Google Home Mini, a Chromecast Audio, and a 2nd-gen Chromecast.

UPDATE: I've also traced down that not only are they all the above device types, they are also all connected to the main router's 5ghz band. I have other google devices of the same types in the house, but they are either connected to the mesh node or the 2.4ghz band of the main router. Not sure that any of this makes a difference or means something, but just throwing everything I can find in here...

Last edited:
I believe those are beta debugging messages in the 386 code that Asus did not turn off.
Thanks for the reply here! Hope that's all it is. I'm still shaking out the kinks of the new setup after replacing an aging but functional 6+year-old AC68u pair, so anything I see triggers a little anxiety :)

Known problem. Usually with Google devices or Sonos. You're not alone

Raised a ticket with ASUS and suggestion was to try the beta firmware. Didn't appear to have any impact.

I think at least half the problem is on Google's side and you can try a factory reset. Overall though it seems they screwed legacy 2.4 in the 386 code as android phones also seem dicey on the 386 code.

Known problem. Usually with Google devices or Sonos. You're not alone
I am not so sure as I do not have any Google devices or Sonos but had these logged in 386.
Do not own any phones either.

That's good info to have. Do you mind me asking what type of device the Mac address(es) in your errors match up to?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!