What's new

Login Attempt Warnings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thiggins

Mr. Easy
Staff member
We are seeing increased attempts by non-members to log into member accounts.

If you get an emailed warning telling you someone has tried to access your account, take it seriously and change your password and make it stronger while you are at it.

Note that since all forum traffic is routed through CloudFlare's network, the IP addresses reported in any warning email you receive from us won't be useful in tracing the source of the attempt.

Someone trying to brute force my account

Hello,

Just a heads up to the admin of the forum I got an email today:

"Dear bk_RS4,

Someone has tried to log into your account on SmallNetBuilder Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa (real IP address removed, I can give it to the admin if you don't already have it logged)

All the best,

SmallNetBuilder Forums"

I can assure you that was not me. You can feel free to delete this account if you want, or just watch out for others trying to hack your site. (I love this site btw, always read it for NAS reviews, and WAP reviews. Thanks again!)

starting to see a lot of PM spams...

See below for examples

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-20 at 5.03.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-20 at 5.03.56 PM.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 414
  • Screen Shot 2015-02-20 at 5.03.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-20 at 5.03.35 PM.png
    90.9 KB · Views: 394

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!