What's new

Logitech Harmony Home Hub Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wpns

Occasional Visitor
After having good luck with the Logitech Harmony series I decided it was time to move into the big leagues with the Harmony Ultimate Home bundle, the Home Hub plus remote plus IOS app. Bought one for myself and one for a client who needed a new universal remote.

My problem was that I have a really esoteric DVR device, a TiVo Roamio. The Home Hub cold not talk to the TiVo no matter what I did. It would hang and need to be power-cycled, work for a monute or two and then fail, all kinds of stuff.

Sent two of these devices back (one unopened) for a refund. And got my client a completely different brand.

Installing Silverlight on my Mac should have been my final warning, but I spent days on this thing before realizing it just was never going to work.

Kinda too bad, as I still like and use the single Harmony remotes...

I bought one last week, and so far haven't had any issues with it. When I sold my house about 2 years ago, unfortunately all my audio equipment stayed with it so I'm finally putting together another AV system from scratch. At the time, I had Logitech's Harmony remote, but it was square with a much larger touch screen. It also came with a lot more IR blasters. I remember at the time I had a Tivo HD DVD, and I continued to use its remote instead of the Harmony, but I don't remember if it's because I had issues with it or if it was because the Tivo remote could control it easier, especially because of the extensive functionality of the remote. I hate these IR blasters though. The cables are so long it makes everything look messy. My new AV setup I've been putting together has all my components sitting on open shelves so it's much more difficult to hide everything, unlike my old system, which was enclosed.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Love the Harmony Ultimate & hub. Talks to so many devices easily.

Only issue I find is it occasionally forgets what it's controlling in use & the sync can takes AGES

Toon

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!