What's new

Looking for a NAS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cbsmith

New Around Here
Hi,

I am looking for my first NAS. I'm not sure which mode would be the best for me so I am listing my requirements and hoping you guys can provide some models.

2 bay capable of handling 4TB drives
File share access for computers and WD TV devices
Bit torrent client
NZB client capable of using RSS feeds
Sick beard client
Ability to work with online backup solutions

Thanks in advance for any information.

Hi,

I am looking for my first NAS. I'm not sure which mode would be the best for me so I am listing my requirements and hoping you guys can provide some models.

2 bay capable of handling 4TB drives
File share access for computers and WD TV devices
Bit torrent client
NZB client capable of using RSS feeds
Sick beard client
Ability to work with online backup solutions

Thanks in advance for any information.
Excluding sick beard (?) and NZB (?) I'd go with QNAP or Synology.
I chose the latter and have been pleased. I've used its Bit Torrent client a few times ("download station"). It works but I rarely use it due to the risks.

Backup should be via a big USB3 or eSata drive, external. On-line backups are too slow, waste of $.

I use CloudBacko myself, and find it to be very good software for storage. You can save upto 100 TB of free data storage. It supports majorly Windows, Mac, Linux ,etc. CloudBacko is simpler in the sense you don’t need to install it rather you can only login through your favourite social media account

Excluding sick beard (?) and NZB (?) I'd go with QNAP or Synology.
I chose the latter and have been pleased. I've used its Bit Torrent client a few times ("download station"). It works but I rarely use it due to the risks.

Backup should be via a big USB3 or eSata drive, external. On-line backups are too slow, waste of $.

I had a QNAP 4bay that was ok but lacked the horsepower to do much so I sold it and got the ASUS 604T and never looked back such a great NAS you will not be disappointed but they are pricey:p