What's new

looking to replacement option for cisco ap1131ag

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hiren.csm

New Around Here
we have 6 cisco ap 1131ag and ip3 controller
please give me three option that I should look forward to do
Thanks

newer cisco APs?
depends really on your requirements.

Dont just come saying you have some router and ask for a replacement, you need to post your requirements, network and such.

well as you can tell I am not a IT person.

its for office building and attached restaurant.
free wifi to staff, vendor, guest with different SSID/ login (all gets free wifi, staff will have access to shared resource etc not guest)
connection: 50mb/5mb

current setup provide good signal coverage all over building.

we going to approch local tech company but there are so many products out so we looking for expert opinion what to prefer, what to avoid. even cisco has different model, we dont want to over spend neither want to get cheap device.

If your network is working well, I'd go with something similar... whether sticking with Cisco, or moving to another vendor, it sounds like the footprint and channel allocation has already been sorted.

I would suggest staying with a separate controller and dedicated AP's.

well as you can tell I am not a IT person.

its for office building and attached restaurant.
free wifi to staff, vendor, guest with different SSID/ login (all gets free wifi, staff will have access to shared resource etc not guest)
connection: 50mb/5mb

current setup provide good signal coverage all over building.

we going to approch local tech company but there are so many products out so we looking for expert opinion what to prefer, what to avoid. even cisco has different model, we dont want to over spend neither want to get cheap device.
That wasnt so hard. When approaching a tech company they will ask you the same thing and will check all the details before they plan and employ a network.

the other choices other than cisco are netgear r7000 with rmerlin firmware port, mikrotik rb9xx series that have integrated wifi (make sure to check supported standards). I would recommend ruckus but you want coverage, though it depends on how close together your APs are. you can also use a tiny pfsense router with wlan card too.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!