What's new

Lost high AC transfer speed on my RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

joebloogs

Occasional Visitor
just noticed my connection (ipad & iphone6s) to the router using 5Ghz is exactly same as 2.4..
I used to get speeds up to 4 times faster on 5Ghz AC mode
Checked the settings but I cannot find anything wrong..

Any idea what might have happened?

First and foremost: use a channel with least amount of neighbors. You'll need a wi-fi analyzer.
2. Make sure router does at least 40MHz spacing. Should easily do 80. You can find this in wireless logs. Also in the same logs you can find the speed clients are negotiating. That is a good measure.
3. Try a different device. I would be reluctant to start dig deep when using fairly identical products with the same OS. You can't never exclude a bad release. Try a Windows/Linux laptop and/or an Android device.

My RT-AC68U is doing great running AiMesh release. No speed problems whatsoever.

LE: check https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...7-slows-down-5ghz-wireless.42133/#post-364231 where people are complaining about a bad Asus release.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!