What's new

MAC Filter - all devices off line & cannot update names or icon

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Themus

New Around Here
Just upgraded to Merlin RT-N66U_378.56_2 and I like it! However, I am going to have to update some of my syntax on my devices as it didn't carryover the same. One area is in the MAC Filtering.

In trying to rename them rather than "New Device," all my devices say off line {even though they are not} and it will not take the name change or the icon. Just keeps spinning. All my devices in the Assigned DHCP server list are correct, which my wireless devices are assigned as well as my hard-wired.

Any ideas if I am doing this wrong or this is an outstanding issue? Thank you.

I tried tonight to delete the "New Device" and create an entry from scratch. However, while it takes the new entry, it also recreates the old "New Device" entry which still says offline. No matter how many times I delete all these new devices, they re-appear after I hit apply.

Help?

I'm having trouble deleting entries from the MAC Filter list, too ... I'm on an AC66U, also version 378.56_2. It looks like the entries in the list are getting corrupted somehow. Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2015-12-01 08:16:03.png
    Screenshot from 2015-12-01 08:16:03.png
    292.3 KB · Views: 282
I'm having trouble deleting entries from the MAC Filter list, too ... I'm on an AC66U, also version 378.56_2. It looks like the entries in the list are getting corrupted somehow. Screenshot attached.

Try reinitializing the filiter lists. Through SSH:

Code:
nvram unset wl_maclist_x
nvram unset wl0_maclist_x 
nvram unset wl1_maclist_x
nvram unset wl_maclist
nvram unset wl0_maclist
nvram unset wl1_maclist
nvram commit

Clearing the lists seems to have fixed it. I was able to add and delete an entry from the list and it seems to work correctly now.

Thanks!