What's new

MAC Filters in Bulk

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StoneGiraffe

Occasional Visitor
Hey guys,

I just updated to the latest merlin on my AC68U after the default firmware wouldn't let me log in anymore because I had a custom LAN / DHCP IP address and the update decided that the router's web server should be inaccessible.... Grrr. Sorry, just wanted to complain a little.

Anyway, I have a whole bunch of MAC filters (around 50) that I need to add to the 2.4 and the 5Ghz bands but I can't see a way of doing it in bulk. Worse though is that with the original firmware I used to be able to copy/paste into the fields but I can't even do that.

The risk of me falling asleep while I add the filters and/or screwing up is extremely high.

Anyone have any ideas / clues / help?

Cheers,

J

Hi James,

I had the same demand and I found the User NVRAM Save/Restore Utility as a good start for understanding how MAC filter lists are saved and (more important) restored! :rolleyes:

Of course you need to learn to handle Linux command line and some (basic) scripting, but it's always fun learning new stuff! ;)

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hey guys,

I just updated to the latest merlin on my AC68U after the default firmware wouldn't let me log in anymore because I had a custom LAN / DHCP IP address and the update decided that the router's web server should be inaccessible.... Grrr. Sorry, just wanted to complain a little.

Anyway, I have a whole bunch of MAC filters (around 50) that I need to add to the 2.4 and the 5Ghz bands but I can't see a way of doing it in bulk. Worse though is that with the original firmware I used to be able to copy/paste into the fields but I can't even do that.

The risk of me falling asleep while I add the filters and/or screwing up is extremely high.

Cheers,

J

Not sure what was going on, but having gone back in I can now copy/paste. Slow going, but I added them manually. I now have a new (worse problem) which is that after adding 20 filters and committing them the MAC filter page doesn't work anymore!!

I only get the bottom piece of the page with no header, no sidebar etc.

What's particularly bad is that I can't turn the MAC filtering off anymore which means that half my devices no longer work!

Any clues guys?

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-28%20at%2014.45.16.png

This is the entire page, it's not scrolled to the bottom even though it looks like it is.