What's new

Mapping issue Thecus 5200

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Unimatrix013

New Around Here
Hi

Bought a Thecus 5200 second hand because I needed a bit of extra storage, was initially able to login and create shared media folders, which I could then map as a drive in windows, however a problem has developed where windows drops the connection and the only way to get it back is to restore my backup Windows image, then after 1 or 2 times it drops the connection again with the message specified network name is no longer available. This happens on both Windows 10 and 11, have confirmed that smb is enabled. I can still stream media from it in another room through 2 different media players. does anyone have any idea what the problem may be.
kind regards
Unimatrix013

they had this problem on the 4xxx/5xxx Pro too,
i personaly just used the thecus as ftp server to share the movies over it to my popcornhour from syabas.
(to play music/movies)
this was the only rock solid connection for me :)

Welcome to the forums @Gregoryglumn.

Please edit or repost in English.

Assuming that one is admin (run CMD as admin) - this used to work, not sure if this still does with Win10/Win11 - I don't use windows on a regular basis - just for gaming, real work is done elsewhere...

netsh winsock show catalog > winsock-before.txt

Then you can reset thing (clearing out routes, etc)

netsh winsock reset

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!