What's new

Maximum VPN Speed on AC-5300 88 Mbps?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ASadani

Does any one know the maximum speeds that can be achieved with openvpn on Asus AC-5300? I am hitting at max 88 mbps. I am on Merlin 380.65.9

Also CPU 1 is almost at max when I do the speed test on my laptop. Is that normal.

Much appreciate.

Not enough information to say for sure without know who your VPN provider is and how distant the server is from your location.

Try running the VPN client software provided by your VPN company on a PC with a powerful processor and see how that compares with your speed.

88 Mbps sounds about right for that router.

88 Mbps sounds about right for that router.

Thanks Merlin. I'm debating to install Entware and play around with openconnect_7.08-8_mipselsf.ipk as openconnect is not shaped by the provider. Its very annoying when the vpn suddenly starts to drop packets on openvpn.

Apologize as I didn't give much info.
VPN Provider is Astrill using their router pro applet. That gets the highest speed on udp but on tcp it drops to 20 mbps max.
direct profile runs around 10 - 20 mbps.
Server is located in netherlands.
Speeds on the PC also trails around 88-90 mbps on an i7 ssd machine direct hard wired.

Not sure how well will openconnect work.
I'm still on hugo's firmware due to known reasons.