What's new

measuring performance and comparing with others?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dan-H

Regular Contributor
Is there a place where forum members post performance test results so we can compare how we are doing with each other?

I saw this article and the predecessor with five other ways to measure speeds, but how are my results?
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/basics/lanwan-basics/32252-three-more-ways-to-measure-network-speed

I guess I'm looking for some simple, repeatable tests that I can compare with what others have run vs testing done on the site using a router tester and other tools that I don't have.

Do these exist and I am just looking in the wrong place?

I'd like to prototype some changes before I pull wires in a "lab setting" ( meaning the floor of my living room ) and measure the performance. it is certainly possible to do some what-if testing. But what if I've got something messed up and I'm only getting 1/2 or 1/4 the performance of others. How would I know?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!