What's new

Media player for MKV files?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iamtammi

New Around Here
I have my PC hooked up to my receiver via HDMI to watch movies on my big tv, but when using VLC player the video plays a bit choppy/jerky, usually noticeable when there's movement or panning onscreen. Just wondering if there's a much better option than this, which will play the files perfectly smooth like you'd get on a Bluray player?

I have my PC hooked up to my receiver via HDMI to watch movies on my big tv, but when using VLC player the video plays a bit choppy/jerky, usually noticeable when there's movement or panning onscreen. Just wondering if there's a much better option than this, which will play the files perfectly smooth like you'd get on a Bluray player?
Are the MKV clips playing normal (without choppy/jerky) on your PC? I mean on the motinor/LCD/LED attached with the PC.

Could you give a little more I formation on your pc? Laptop or desktop? Are you using a GPU? Also how old is your HDMI cablecable? Is it 2.1 compliant? I recently purchased a new 55 inch 4K tv and I find that I'm pushing my 7 year old MSI graphics card to the limit. I replaced my old HDMI cables with Amazon Basic cables that are 2.1 compliant. They are not expensive and it may make a difference. I regularly use VLC and have no problems with any video format. But if you are moving up to 4K, every link in the chain becomes a bit more important.