What's new

Media Server (miniupnp) issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shaman

New Around Here
Hi,
I have two Asus routers: RT-AC68U (in router mode) and RT-N66U (repeater mode). Both are using 378.50 build.
First one (RT-AC68U) has connected HDD and Media Server (aka miniDLNA or miniUPNP server) enabled, Samsung Smart TV wired connection with static IP.

TV constantly loosing Media Server. I've tried different hard drives, and different firmware builds (with 'hard reset' and manual setting after flash) - nothing helps. I have to enable/disable Media server on the router and often - switch on/off TV to see the Media Server again. In the logs common thing what I can see is:

Feb 27 08:33:19 miniupnpd[854]: remove port mapping 37597 TCP because it has expired
Feb 27 08:33:19 miniupnpd[854]: remove port mapping 37597 UDP because it has expired
Feb 27 08:36:33 miniupnpd[854]: remove port mapping 9588 TCP because it has expired
Feb 27 08:36:33 miniupnpd[854]: remove port mapping 9588 UDP because it has expired

Any help would be very appreciated. I can't watch movies, it's really annoying.

P.S. Everything else works great, have not noticed any issues.

Something to try...the minidlna server broadcast doesn't play nice with IGMP Snooping. If you are using a wired connection, go to the LAN/IPTV tab and make sure IGMP Snooping is disabled.