What's new

Memory Problem Mysteriously Gone

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Elmer

So, I commented a few times about having, what i called, a memory leak that was bad enough that I had to reboot daily to prevent a lock-up (even upgraded my router because of it). Sometime within the last month, it has vanished and everything works fine again. Haven't had to reboot in a couple of weeks (knock on phenolic). I get the same behavior, memory slowly increases to max after a reboot, but then instead of crashing, things continue on just fine. There are two things (and maybe more that I'm probably oblivious to) that happened prior to the problem correction:

1. I upgraded to the newest amtm and then used it's new setting to to upgrade entware (and there was considerable activity)
2. I'm on 384.14 beta1

Hurray for small miracles.

I know of at least one memory leak issue that was fixed by Asus in the code merged in 384.14, so that might be related.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!