What's new

Merlin 384.19 for AC66U_B1 webex issue?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

btrieve

New Around Here
Hi,

About a week ago, I recently installed the latest Merlin firmware (384.19 for AC68U) on my Asus router which was previously running stock Asus firmware.
Was running fine until my kid tried to login to his webex classroom (stuck at "connecting"). Tried to troubleshoot further and the problem seems to happen on all machines in my network (wired or wireless).

We also discovered the webex connection (google webex test) works immediately when we connect using a VPN. If I disconnect the VPN, webex connections stop working again.

Since I suspected the new firmware, I reverted back to the Asus firmware (3.0.0.4.386.40558) and it also fixes the problem as does (3.0.0.4.386.41634).

I couldn't figure out the cause, but I figured I would post in case others experience similar issues.

After flashing the older base firmware from RMerlin, did you do a full reset to factory defaults on the router?

Going from 384.19_0 to 386.xx firmwares without a reset and those issues are to be expected.

After flashing the older base firmware from RMerlin, did you do a full reset to factory defaults on the router?

Going from 384.19_0 to 386.xx firmwares without a reset and those issues are to be expected.

Good point - When I installed Merlin for the first time I didnt reset defaults since my previous config was left intact. Perhaps this was the cause?

To clarify: I went from Asus stock 386.x to Merlin 384.19_0 (which I believe is the most current stable for AC66U_B1... I didnt yet try Merlin 386.x beta)

Also, just found this post which reports the same symptoms i had as well:

Sounds like reseting the factory defaults is the fix..
Thanks for your help

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!