What's new

Merlin feature question before i install

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Axxel6307

Occasional Visitor
I have the rtac68u and when I go into client list and turn off internet to a game console that is online gaming, it does not bump it off until said console leaves the match. It does ok blocking internet to devices that are streaming, but not gaming sessions, as it won't accept new requests during the session. I've got my ip and mac address binding also. I've read that this is a problem with pretty much all asus routers. My question is, would merlin fix this problem? If not, would there be another firmware to use? If another firmware is recommended, it needs to be one that assigned device names show up in the UI where internet access is blocked per device, so that i do not need to memorize IP address and can easily see device name. That's a feature hard to find. Asus has it and the reason i bought my router. Btw, does anyone know if there is a name for that device naming I'm referring to? Thanks.

You might need to disable NAT acceleration for this to work.

You might need to disable NAT acceleration for this to work.
Do you mean on merlin or could it fix my problem on stock asus fw? Btw, thanks for reply. Its been very difficult finding support. Asus forum is worthless. A couple hundred views and no one can bother to answer.

Do you mean on merlin or could it fix my problem on stock asus fw? Btw, thanks for reply. Its been very difficult finding support. Asus forum is worthless. A couple hundred views and no one can bother to answer.

Asus's firmware. NAT acceleration bypasses various portions of the networking stack, so some features might not always work as expected with it enabled.

Asus's firmware. NAT acceleration bypasses various portions of the networking stack, so some features might not always work as expected with it enabled.
That fixed it. Thanks man. Shame on Asus for not giving any help at all.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!