What's new

Merlin firmware manual upload won't do anything

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Newfylox

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I recently bought an Asus RT-AC1900P router with version 3.0.0.4.385_10000 in it and now I want to install Merlin Firmware.

When clicking the "upload" link, it asks me to choose a file and when I select the TRX file it does nothing after. No warning, no pop-up, nothing! And yes, I have downloaded the AC68U version because that's the one I should use for 1900P

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Did you try rebooting first? Did you safely remove any USB drives before that? :)

Did you try rebooting first? Did you safely remove any USB drives before that? :)

Hey, thanks for quickly replying. You won't believe it but I just found what happened while I was reading your answer. Even after rebooting it didn't help.

But I found it, I needed to disable AdBlock from my browser o_O

Problem resolved, thanks again!

@Newfylox thanks for the reply! One more thing to suggest for people with this common problem. :D

Reactions: Gar
@Newfylox, this is why this community is so great. We all help each other and I'm still learning each day too. :)

@L&LD By the way, I have another question that is different from the main question. Is there a way to catch moment when the router is losing connection? I know there are logs but I checked all of them and never saw a thing like "ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED" or else.

I want to find the guilty, is it my ISP, is it a bad wire, is it something else? So for that, I need a way to track drop connections and starting investigate myself. Is there such a tool with Merlin Firmware?

Thanks again :)

@Newfylox you may want to look into your modem's logs instead. :)

But you don't think there are such tools or logs with the ASUS Router and Merlin?
And can we really read modem's logs from our ISP?

But you don't think there are such tools or logs with the ASUS Router and Merlin?
And can we really read modem's logs from our ISP?
I can read the log and do various things on the ISP supplied modem.