What's new

MicroCell not working after update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LuxDrgn

Occasional Visitor
I have an RT-Ac3200 that is running 384.11.2. Everything generally works for the most part. But when i update to firmware 384.13.0, my ATT microcell tower will not reconnect. Ive tried putting it into DMZ and that didnt seem to help. Anyone have any insight?

Some things to try.

1. If you haven't already done so assign the microcell a static IP outside the router's DHCP range.

2. Then power down both your router and the microcell. Leave them off for a minute or more.

3. Power the router back up. When the router has reestablished Internet connectivity power the microcell back up and see what happens.

Yeah. Ive tried that already. Other updates had worked with no issue. It was with the last 2 stable releases
that the issue had started.

I have an RT-Ac3200 that is running 384.11.2. Everything generally works for the most part. But when i update to firmware 384.13.0, my ATT microcell tower will not reconnect. Ive tried putting it into DMZ and that didnt seem to help. Anyone have any insight?
Check if your MicroCell changes your WAN IP address when you load the new firmware.

My WAN IP is different. But I am have dynamic IPs from my provider. How do I tell the difference?

I have used micro cells from both AT&T and T-Mobil and in both cases the micro cell was behind the router connected to a LAN port so as long as it can call home it doesn't care what your public IP is.

Also with micro cells you have limited or no access to a user interface on the device. It is acting as cell tower on your carrier's 4G/LTE network and they don't want you messing with the settings since the minutes used are billable just the same as if you were connected to any other tower.

AT&T assigned IP address is used for billing purposes and other tracking information. When you update the router the MicroCell thinks that there is a new client assigned to the WAN, hence the change in IP address. Is there a initialization you can do to reconfigure your AT&T account to the new IP address?

If that was true, wouldn't I would have to do that everytime I update the firmware? I've updated firmware before and never had this issue.

Theoretically yes, do you have DoT enabled in 384.13?

I'm not sure. I'm at work at the moment and wont be able to check untill late tonight. If you can give me a checklist of stuff to go through, I will check when I get home

I'm not sure. I'm at work at the moment and wont be able to check untill late tonight. If you can give me a checklist of stuff to go through, I will check when I get home
DoT is about the only reason that I can think of that would screw with your AT&T account since it would circumvent your ISP's DNS server to whatever is defined in the WAN setting on your router. And since this is new in 384.13 compared to 384.12, which didn't offer DoT.

ATT Microcell's establish an IPSec VPN connection to the Home NodeB Gateway on the edge of ATT's network.

Ensure that VPN passthru is enabled, and it can take 10-15 minutes for the Microcell to re-sync with the HNB gateway and the Cellular network if connectivity has changed...

Oddly enough, It had started working with solid lights for all of 30 seconds before it dropped again. Im most likely better off staying at 384.11.2 for right now