What's new

MiFi Hotspot/Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sparxxx

Regular Contributor
Hi guys

I am travelling a lot within Europe and at least once a month to the US.
Since I rely a lot on an internet connection I would like to buy a mobile MiFi Hotspot.
Requirements:
4G/LTE both in Europe and US
2.4Ghz and 5Ghz
8-10h battery life
Secure and easy to use (even though I know a lot about router configuration etc.)

I set my eyes on the following model:
Netgear Aircard 810 (would be the best option but looks like 4G/LTE is not working for US)

Any recommendations from you?

Thanks

you can buy one premade or you can make your own by getting something like one of mikrotik's RB9xx series which supports sim card and usb LTE. Than you just have to get a battery pack that is well within its range.

You could always get a router with usb port that supports 4G LTE via usb and that has portability. Some routers will let you have a battery backup while for some you may have to invent a battery backup for it that can recharge itself by plugging in. Depends on how much effort and work you are willing to do.

Netgear Aircard 810 (would be the best option but looks like 4G/LTE is not working for US)

Check around - the 810 is a very nice device - and there's a few different SKU's based on country of origin.

The other option is HUAWEI, they have relatively cheap MiFi type of devices that support global GSM/UMTS/LTE bands, and most of their stuff is under 100USD unlocked...

Thanks guys. I got a good deal on the Netgear 810 and bought it. Even though it won't support current LTE Carriers in the US (or at least not most of them) I like it so far.

There are many disputes about which MiFi router is better. Huawei EC 315 is the router and a USB modem in one. When connected to a PC, Huawei EC 315 is seen as a network device and distributes the Internet on WiFi. You need to learn more about routers. Try routerstop.com to choose the best for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!