What's new

Migrating Scripts to New Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

abracadabra11

Regular Contributor
Currently running Diversion, Skynet, FlexQoS, YazFi, x3mRouting, and unbound on an RT-AC68U running 384.18.

Recently purchased RT-AX3000 to use as the main hub for an AIMesh network with the RT-AC68U running as a node. What's the best way to easily migrate current scripts and settings to the new router once I've installed Merlin firmware?

Thanks!

Best way? Don't.

Fastest way? Make a backup of all scripts and restore them as needed when the USB drive is moved to the new router.

For the 10 minutes, it will take to set up those handfuls of scripts, doing a clean install is the only sane option.

I would begin by formatting the USB drive on a PC as NTFS and then go through the proper steps via amtm to make it work as the new router's hardware will expect. (Ext4, w/journaling on a single partition with a 2GB swap file).

Thanks - not the answer I wanted, but good to know what to do in advance.

Thanks - not the answer I wanted, but good to know what to do in advance.
I rather hear from the experience of others than be lied to just to hear what I wanted. The time you would spend troubleshooting every little problem would be avoided by taking the extra time to do it right the first time. Speaking from experience myself there.....

I rather hear from the experience of others than be lied to just to hear what I wanted. The time you would spend troubleshooting every little problem would be avoided by taking the extra time to do it right the first time. Speaking from experience myself there.....
Agreed. That's why we come to forums like these to ask. Doesn't mean you can't hope that there's a valid quick option available.