What's new

MikroTik RouterBoard, Cloud Router Switch and/or Cloud Core Router reviews?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Trip

Very Senior Member
Hi Tim,

Considering MikroTik has come up a fair amount in the forums (often alongside Ubiquiti's EdgeRouter series, one of which you've already reviewed) would it be at all feasible to test out a MIPS model like an RB951G, RB2011 or CRS109, and/or one of their entry-level CCRs (maybe the new passively-cooled CCR1009-8G-1S-1S-PC)?

Thanks for your consideration and I appreciate all your hard work,
Trip

Maybe one of their cheap wired-only models. I don't see any AC wireless models.

I tried to use MikroTik gear on a professional project some months ago. Too buggy. Too idiosyncratic.

Thanks for the response Tim - I'd vote for one of the red/black RB2011 models, perhaps the one with the integrated SFP port.
In terms of wireless, must it have AC to warrant a review these days? Just curious. :)

@stevech - Interesting - did you end up resorting to Cisco/Juniper or the like?

Thanks again,
Trip

Thanks for the response Tim - I'd vote for one of the red/black RB2011 models, perhaps the one with the integrated SFP port.
In terms of wireless, must it have AC to warrant a review these days? Just curious. :)
Pretty much, yeah.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!