What's new

Minidlna dates in logfile are 1969?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rippo

Occasional Visitor
I am running an ac68u with merlin Firmware Version:382.2_beta2

The date command gives the proper date and newly created or modified files show the proper date with ls -l
However, my new minidlna.log entries have a stamp from 1969:
[1969/12/31 18:29:40] upnphttp.c:1358: error: send(res_buf)
47784 bytes sent (out of 49735)

Any ideas?

Probably because minidlna was started before the router had launched the ntpclient to set up the clock.

Probably because minidlna was started before the router had launched the ntpclient to set up the clock.

Thank you for your quick reply!
Except for turning on "Enable UPnP media server" on the media server tab, I'm not doing anything else to start or stop minidlna. I have rebooted many times, reset to fac defaults... Am I missing a step somewhere?

Thank you for your quick reply!
Except for turning on "Enable UPnP media server" on the media server tab, I'm not doing anything else to start or stop minidlna. I have rebooted many times, reset to fac defaults... Am I missing a step somewhere?

No. What I'm saying is that at boot time, minidlna probably starts before the clock was set, hence the default datestamp being used.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!