What's new

Mirror / Span port settings

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ToySldr

New Around Here
I know this has been asked before, but is there an easy way to create a mirror/span port on an AC68U? I understand I can SSH into it and use the iptables command. Any other options?

BTW, really liking the Merlin firmware!!!

I know this has been asked before, but is there an easy way to create a mirror/span port on an AC68U? I understand I can SSH into it and use the iptables command. Any other options?

BTW, really liking the Merlin firmware!!!

Did you get this to work? I have tried iptables to mirror a port on my ac68u to a pc running wireshark and it doesnt work and is driving me mad. I just want to capture all lan traffic that comes through the ac68u at network level.

Cheers
Mark

Did you get this to work? I have tried iptables to mirror a port on my ac68u to a pc running wireshark and it doesnt work and is driving me mad. I just want to capture all lan traffic that comes through the ac68u at network level.

Have you considered the sflow package (optware) as a probe, and export to something like PRTG?

Have you considered the sflow package (optware) as a probe, and export to something like PRTG?

I haven't and sounds way over my head :) thanks. I want to remotely monitor the network traffic to my NAS, to see what keeps waking it up.
I see iptables won't work on the ac68u as it is using a switched hub

I haven't and sounds way over my head :) thanks. I want to remotely monitor the network traffic to my NAS, to see what keeps waking it up.
I see iptables won't work on the ac68u as it is using a switched hub

There was an issue with certain Asus firmware builds that would send some traffic to the clients - and it would wake up NAS boxes (iirc, it was an HTTP get for client discovery). Had to do with the network map applet...

There was an issue with certain Asus firmware builds that would send some traffic to the clients - and it would wake up NAS boxes (iirc, it was an HTTP get for client discovery). Had to do with the network map applet...
I believe you are referring to this:
380.58 (20-Mar-2016)
- NEW: Added Tweaks and Hacks settings to Tools -> Other Settings. These are UNSUPPORTED tweaks, intended mostly for experimentation, or very specific situations. If unsure how to apply these, manually reboot after changing them. One of new settings there lets you disable hourly network rescans, to resolve issues with NAS/printers coming out of sleep every hour.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!