What's new

Moca over a splitter?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rbesfe

New Around Here
Hi, so right now I am getting cable internet. I want to use moca for a more stable internet connection in my office, but the only coax near the modem is the cable that brings in the internet. Would it be possible to get a splitter for the cable internet line, then route the signal from the modem back through the splitter? thanks for the help!

Yes, but normally there are splitters feeding TVs and a cable modem.
Draw a sketch of the cable wiring and splitters and TV/Cable modem feeds.

Then we/you can determine how to get MoCA distributed. I and most others do this.
Splitters need to be high quality, 2GHz kind.

I want to use moca for a more stable internet connection in my office, but the only coax near the modem is the cable that brings in the internet.

MOCA and cable (not satellite) can share the same coaxial cables as the operate in different frequency ranges.

The setup you describe is a normal setup. Use good quality 2 Ghz splitters, the fewer splitters the better and avoid using splitters with extra ports that you don't need. (A 4-Way splitter is actually two 2-Way splitters combined.)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!