What's new

mod: 380.58.2_HGG-FINAL released

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You are probably on a FW version 380.3xxx and you cant downgrade if your not doing this, you need to enter in RESCUE MODE

Follow these steps its for Ac66, but work for all models, you need to do all the steps from the link

Power off the router: Hold RESET button and power on router,keep holding reset til led begin flashing slowy, release RESET button and you are now in rescue mode

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1000814/

After a lot of trying today it worked! I installed the 59_final firmware and it seems the signal is a lot stronger than before.

There is one thing that I can't find out. My sons laptop can only log in on the 5 GHZ signal. When he tries the 2.4 GHZ signal, he can't make a connection. Do I have to change something in the settings?

I am glad it works finaly, and thank you all for the great help.

Greets Tamaar

Also, don't forget to set the channel manual and not auto!

Is this the only device on the 2.4 Ghz you cant connect?
Have you reset the router after flashing .59?Maybe a simple "Factory to Defaults reset" could fix it
Dont Import your settings after reset.Reconfig from the scratch or use John Utility (great tool) http://www.snbforums.com/threads/user-nvram-save-restore-utility-r24.19521/

Thx!
I did the settings manually, and Also reset the router.
Weird thing is, when that laptop types the WPA2 key, it cannot connect, but when we use the WPN button, than he can!

Anyway, it works!
I am really happy with it

Thx!
I did the settings manually, and Also reset the router.
Weird thing is, when that laptop types the WPA2 key, it cannot connect, but when we use the WPN button, than he can!

Anyway, it works!
I am really happy with it

If you care about security on your network, disable the WPS function (now). ;)

hggomes, sorry to see that your development machine broke down. :(

Does this mean development has permanently ended now?

From the status.txt file:

380.62_HGG-FINAL -

DEVELOPMENT SUSPENDED, DEV MACHINE BROKE DOWN.

Update! Good news!!!

We can expect HGG-FINAL 380.62 sometime tomorrow. :)

hggomes, does the new optimal wireless default settings require a full reset, or can you tell us what the new defaults are?

Glad to see the DEV machine is up and running so quickly.

380.62_HGG-FINAL
================

380.62: (2 OCT 16)*

- NEW: Kernel 2.6.36.4 (ARM SDK6/7/7.14) backports/fixes.
- NEW: LZMA compression on MIPS devices, saving ~400KB size on TRX file.
- NEW: Optimal wireless default settings.**
- NEW: Transmit Hash Policy option added to Link Aggregation (LACP).
- FIXED: AI Protection / Time Scheduling increased to 64.
- FIXED: Allow firmware downgrade via web interface.
- FIXED: Changing HTTP port option in WEBUI, has been broken since build 380.59.
- FIXED: Minor code issues.
- FIXED: RT-AC66U/RT-AC68U reboot loop when in repeater mode.
- FIXED: RT-AC68U 2-stream 802.11ac wrong entry.
- FIXED: WEBUI System administration page, SSH Daemon now hides all sub options when "No" is selected.
- FIXED: WEBUI Firmware Upgrade page code.
- FIXED: Wrong translation in HU dictionary "Zenekar" <-> "Frekvencia".
- UPDATED: Curl to 7.50.3 version.
- UPDATED: Neon to 0.30.2 version.
- UPDATED: Nettle to 3.3 version.
- UPDATED: NMap to 7.30 version.
- UPDATED: OpenSSL to 1.0.2j version.
- UPDATED: SQLite to 3.14.2 version.
- UPDATED: Tor to 0.2.8.8 version.
- UPDATED: Util-Linux to 2.28.2 version.

* IN ORDER TO FLASH NEWER ASUS STOCK/RMERLIN FW VERSIONS, A DOWNGRADE TO 380.59.1 OR LOWER VERSION IS REQUIRED.
** HW RESET/FACTORY DEFAULT AND MANUAL SETUP IS REQUIRED, DO NOT USE CONFIGURATION FILE IMPORT OR OLD SETTINGS WILL BE APPLIED AGAIN.

great news!

* IN ORDER TO FLASH NEWER ASUS STOCK/RMERLIN FW VERSIONS, A DOWNGRADE TO 380.59.1 OR LOWER VERSION IS REQUIRED.

so if we want to upgrade/downgrade from HGG to stock/merlin fw, we always need to go through 380.59.1?

Update! Good news!!!

We can expect HGG-FINAL 380.62 sometime tomorrow. :)

hggomes, does the new optimal wireless default settings require a full reset, or can you tell us what the new defaults are?

Glad to see the DEV machine is up and running so quickly.
Do you have link download pls send to me,thank you.

Hey guys, I just got to know about this mod. Trying to PM HGGomes, but for some reason I can't PM him, as I see only the following message: "You may not start the conversation with: hggomes". Any ideas? My router is AC68U. Any help is much appreciated, many thanks!!!
@RMerlin - can you maybe help here too?

you wont get any help here about all topics related to Hugo.
But I can say he is still working on new versions.
Sorry cant tell you how to contact him, maybe in another forum you'll have more luck.

Don't run such old, insecure firmware releasees. Use @john9527 's maintained fork instead.