What's new

Modem recommendations for Vodafone UK Broadband?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

amemorymisread

New Around Here
Hi,

We're thinking of switching from TalkTalk to Vodafone broadband but it doesn't seem like the Vodafone router can be set up in bridged mode.

I currently use the TalkTalk router in bridged mode, and have an ASUS router connected to it with DDNS and VPN configured, which I don't really want to lose. I've been trying to find out information about the Vodafone "Hub" (fancy router) but all the posts I've found have been complaining about the lack of bridged mode, meaning I wouldn't be able to duplicate my current setup with the new router.

So, therefore, I'd like to know what modem to get that will allow me to use all the functions of my ASUS router. Unless, of course, there's a way I can configure the TT router to work with Vodafone - they both run on BT lines so, it's a long shot, but I think it could be possible, unless the TT router is locked to their network.

Sorry for the long-winded post!

Zyxel VMG1312-B10A £15 second hand on Ebay UK
Zyxel VMG3625-T20A £39,99 brand new on Ebay UK
Draytek Vigor 130 on sale on too many sites to list.
Zyxel has Broadcom chip, Vigor 130 is Lantiq/ECI

Zyxel are routers that can be set in bridge mode, Draytek is a modem only device.

Zyxel VMG1312-B10A £15 second hand on Ebay UK
Zyxel VMG3625-T20A £39,99 brand new on Ebay UK
Draytek Vigor 130 on sale on too many sites to list.
Zyxel has Broadcom chip, Vigor 130 is Lantiq/ECI

Zyxel are routers that can be set in bridge mode, Draytek is a modem only device.
That first Zyxel would be perfect. Thank you!